PRSA Silicon Valley invites marketing and public relations professionals to attend a two-hour workshop, jam-packed with actionable information on how business communicators can use social media to advance their goals and objectives.
REGISTER NOW: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?binid=1&bevaID=153305
First Half: Panel Discussion: Segmenting the Blogosphere
* The Social Media Club of Silicon Valley will help you identify key players in the blogosphere. They will offer case studies and proven tips on how to work with these influencers to generate positive, mainstream media coverage for your company or clients. Panel members include:
* Mike McGrath, VP of New Media, McGrath/Power (Moderator)
* Joel Postman, Founding Principal, Socialized PR
* Tony Obregon, Social Media Director, Cohn & Wolfe
* Valerie Combs, PR Director, BuzzLogic
* Brian Solis, Principal, FutureWorks
* David Alstrom, Vice President, Radian6
Second Half: Training in the Effective Use of Social Media
* Jon Greer will show you how to use blogs, wikis and social networks to plan and execute campaigns, evaluate results to measure success, and optimize your press center with RSS feeds.
* Jeff Braun will train you in the use of audio and visual social media as a business opportunity, also addressing crisis communications and reputation management, strategies and tactics used in real-world case studies.
* Additional content of value, tips and techniques, will be provided at this workshop as well; for example, how to optimize press releases for search engine optimization.
When: Friday, May 30, 2008 — 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Price: $49 for PRSA Silicon Valley members ($69 non-members).
$59 for partners of the PRSA Silicon Valley (IABC, AMA, BMA, PRSA-SF, PRSA-EB)